Believing in ourselves and ability to create the life we truly desire, to live by design and not default, often takes some adjustment to our beliefs systems. There is SO much power in our thoughts.
The following fabled saying is attributed to Henry Ford:
Whether you think you can, you are right. You can.
Whether you think you can’t, you are right. You can’t.
Our beliefs underpin everything we do. We become what we think about for energy follows thought.
Here are seven tips to assist you in developing your health, wealth and happiness. I’ve paraphrased them from Sandy Gallagher.
1. Believe in yourself, and you can succeed – changing your negative thoughts will change your life. Choose to think about health, prosperity, happiness, great relationships—the things you want in life.
2. Develop wisdom and understanding—engage in lifelong learning. Regular study and surrounding yourself with successful people will make you a wisdom magnet. And that will put you squarely on the road to prosperity.
3. Set worthy goals—you are trading your life for your goals, so make sure they are worthy of your time. These shouldn’t be goals you know you can achieve. They must make you stretch and bring more of yourself to the surface.
4. Make your work/business/service count— create an intention to be successful. Approach your work with focus and a sense of purpose. This will generate joy and happiness for you.
5. Be true to yourself—being true to yourself means making the best use of what you have—your mind, your abilities, and your unique talents. Integrate your belief with your behaviour instead of thinking or believing one way and then behaving in another.
6. Be generous—being kind to other people makes us happy. And the memory of doing something kind causes us to want to do it again. Make it a practice to leave every person with the impression of increase—make them feel good about coming into contact with you.
7. Be grateful in everything—expressing gratitude shifts your energy instantly. It puts you in harmony with your source of supply so that the good in everything moves toward you. Feeling grateful, no matter what’s going on around you, keeps your mind fixed upon the best.